About the Company:
FIU College of Engineering & Computer Science
Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities - Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU’s Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Web Developer III:
Works individually or in conjunction with the team to produce and maintain high-quality web and mobile applications for the College of Engineering and Computer by using programming languages and tools. Responsible for designing and developing user interfaces for internet/intranet applications for the College and its Departments, Centers, and Labs. Develop applications to automate manual tasks, consistently monitor and maintain website security, and contributes to institutional and team goals. Assist with digital communication and marketing related activities including college e-newsletters, digital and social media campaigns. Train faculty and staff in the use of content management systems.
- Design, implement and manage all digital media technologies including web production services, graphics processing, graphics simulation, and video processing and other related digital media publishing components.
- Recommend new and improved policies/procedures required for the effective and more efficient administration of Engineering Information Center resources.
- Keep abreast of current digital practices, web security solutions, pedagogy, the use of web content management systems, and advances in computer technology.
- Conducts and assists in organizing hands-on training for faculty, staff, and students on the use of online content development.
- Communicates relevant advances in web techniques, languages, and technology to faculty and staff.
- Works cooperatively with marketing and communications staff, internal technology and outside vendors/partners as appropriate.
- Works with senior administration to assess and recommend employing new trends in digital technology and adopt strategies that are in concert with the university’s strategic plan.
Knowledge of CRM systems
Payment gateway integration experience
Knowledge of Apache & Tomcat server management, module installations, & server optimization
Knowledge of social and digital media platforms.