About the Company:
The only place where students learn coding & graphic design while having social impact
Online classes in coding and digital design. Build your first app or design your first ad for a nonprofit, before you're old enough to drive.
We are looking for a committed teacher to complement our qualified workforce of educators. You will provide knowledge and instruction to students while also inspiring an interest in technology and entrepreneurship. The ideal candidate will be passionate about engaging students with an ability to enthusiastically reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class, follow our lesson designs, and make learning an easy and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in technology and entrepreneurship education and be a dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development. Teachers need to be problem-solvers and mathematical thinkers. If you are not well versed in coding languages, this is not a problem, we can team you with a coding teacher while you help students build their understanding of nonprofits and helping others.
- Class meets once a week for the winter/spring semester. Summer camp may also be available.
- Include in your resume any extracurricular interests and leadership.
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and using the visual/audio programs we have created to facilitate learning
- Provide instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and feedback to parents and the school in a daily email summary
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Communicate class observations to VineyardAppCamp team and problem solve for ways to improve the curriculum for your students
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Proven experience as a teacher or tutor
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $30.00 per hour