About the Company:
UKG, Inc. develops and markets human resources and payroll software for workforce management. We provide sophisticated people management technology delivered in the cloud.
Software Engineer II, UKG, Inc., Weston, Florida
Serve on an agile development team responsible for building and deploying user centered, Cloud-based web applications to support the Tax Engine platform of our Human Capital Management (HCM) software, UltiPro. Specific duties include:
- Developing and maintaining software applications and systems that automate and optimize the critical functions of the Tax Engine platform, including payroll calculations, quarter-end and year-end reporting, and technical aspects of tax and payroll management over multiple tax jurisdictions.
- Developing software to extract requirements and data from external sources related to the Tax Engine platform and generate various reports and filings to meet client tax needs.
- Automating processes to open and close ledgers at quarter-end and year-end intervals, post payroll, and issue reports for managing quarterly and yearly variances.
- Ensuring the accuracy of key calculations within software coding to enable on-time and accurate payments, postings, and report generation.
- Writing and implementing unit, system, and integration tests.
- Troubleshooting issues in the design and development process and providing root cause analysis for system-related issues in enterprise-level software solutions.
- Writing and generating reports that describe new features as well as detected software defects and possible causes.
- Participating in test driven full life cycle development, automated unit testing, test fixtures, pair programming, and daily code reviews in an Agile environment.
- Performing code merges for deployment of HCM applications to the Cloud using a variety of technologies including TeamCity, Docker, Kubernetes, and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Delivering high quality work with minimal defects or need for rework.
- Mentoring and training new Software Engineers who join the team in technology, tools, procedures, standards, and guidelines for the Team.
- Working independently to coordinate and implement solutions to technical issues.
- Performing peer code reviews and weekly on call pager duty rotation.
- Documenting the Team’s new processes to assist other Team members.
- Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or a closely related field and 2 years of experience as a full stack software developer on enterprise-level projects.
- Must also have 2 years of experience (which can have been gained concurrently with the primary experience requirement above) working with the following:
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Data Structures, and Algorithms.
SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service).
- Development of APIs, Web Services, and Forms.
- Coding complex SQL statements.
- NoSQL databases.
- Agile software development practices.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Meg Bresnahan, Sr. Business Program Manager, at email@example.com.
See position description.