About the Company:
UKG, Inc. develops and markets human resources and payroll software for workforce management. We provide sophisticated people management technology delivered in the cloud.
Business Systems Analyst II, UKG, Inc., Weston, Florida
- Engage with stakeholders from various Product and Business domains to identify business problems and to deliver scalable and actionable software solutions that can lead to strategic decisions. Specific duties include:
- Lead initial project requests from high level project understanding to project creation and requirements gathering by understanding the product vision and strategic objectives from stakeholders and consumers.
- Partner with stakeholders to translate direct user feedback and high‐level visionary ideas and needs into actionable, new projects, features and enhancements and initiate requirements gathering by working closely with data engineers and utilizing expertise in business analysis.
- Collaborate across teams with Product Managers and developers to ensure a holistic product experience by collecting feedback on upcoming features, providing product previews and potential training references that are needed as part of roadmap plans.
- Work closely with the Market Research and Analytics team to understand current trends on product usage and user adoption.
- Create deliverables for all aspects of business analysis, functional design, technical requirements, and visual model development for data migration, system integration, and reporting initiatives.
- Facilitate requirements elaboration of user stories with team members, including process‐ and data‐modeling activities.
- Create data‐models to enable transformation and handover of data between systems and create process models to maximize efficiency and productivity and represent them using visual representation tools such as MS Visio, MS power‐point, and Google Slides.
- Translate the usage data into metrics and KPIs that can help Product, Services, Marketing, and Sales teams to drive strategic decisions.
- Perform data analysis using databases including Microsoft SQL server and MySQL and NoSQL databases including MongoDB.
- Perform technical research and data analytics by consolidating and integrating data from various data sources using Software Engineering best practices.
- Analyze the data spread across product development, services, marketing, and sales business units in different data sources and applications like Salesforce, Schoox, JAMF, and Everbridge.
- Perform in‐depth analysis to identify key business risks and opportunities and make recommendations to improve overall profitability and performance.
- Leverage data integration tools including Microsoft SQL Server Integration Studio and Mulesoft to facilitate the API based integrations between applications.
- Identify the source systems and methods of data extraction (Examples: APIs or database queries) for new products like UltiPro Launch and UltiPro Learning to create resource plans and estimate timelines for the project.
- Organize and integrate the data from JSON and flat files into one or many datasets for analytics work to derive meaningful insights.
- Work on Customer Lifetime Value metrics to identify the true value of customers and create mathematical models to discover the return of investment impacts of various key initiatives within the organization.
- Leverage Pendo for collecting and analyzing product usage statistics, building prescriptive models for product usage, creating customized usage trend thresholds, and automating notifications to corresponding product owners or managers.
- Monitor project status using JIRA, conduct daily standups, and facilitate Quality Assurance and User Acceptance testing sessions
- Work with Quality Assurance Analysts to provide quality assurance testing of imported data.
- Author QA and UAT test case scenarios ensuring that the requirement use cases and process flow are captured.
- Facilitate discussion sessions on changes that may be required in following releases based off of scope change.
- Facilitate training sessions to increase use adoption of newly developed Business Intelligence solutions.
- Guide and educate business users with the goal of making sure the best solution is created.
- Support team and end‐users as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting, recommending solutions and identifying opportunities to solve business problems through BI.
- Provide post deployment support, including monitoring the application and reporting and escalating issues if needed.
- Collaborate with business users to update other organizational assets impacted by the new business processes and technology changes.
- Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or a closely related field.
- 5 years of experience as an enterprise‐level Technical Business Analyst on complex Data Warehouse and Data Analytics projects. Must also have 5 years of experience (which can have been gained concurrently with the primary experience requirement above) working with the following:
- Data migration, system integration, and vendor software deployment projects.
- Database technologies including Microsoft SQL Server (Database and Integration Services) and Oracle 11g.
- All phases of the Data Warehouse Lifecycle and Software Development Lifecycle, including requirements elicitation, requirements and design modeling, documentation, and communication.
- Tableau, SSRS, and PowerBI.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Meg Bresnahan, Sr. Business Program Manager, email@example.com.
See position description.