UKG, Inc. develops and markets human resources and payroll software for workforce management. We provide sophisticated people management technology delivered in the cloud.
System Test Engineer II, UKG, Inc., Weston, Florida (Remote)
Will support engineers and developers on an agile software development team by creating test plans and strategies, designing and developing efficient test scenarios, designing software test automation suites, writing software test automation, debugging, executing tests, performing code reviews, and enabling continuous automated testing in continuous integration pipelines. Specific duties include:
- Analyzing complex user requirements during project kickoff meetings and providing input on projects from a testing perspective to ensure that the Team’s software engineers write testable code.
- Attending planning and design sessions to ensure that the requirement gathering process has no gaps from a quality and testability view.
- Providing analysis of the business requirements for software development projects to suggest feature improvements from a quality of design and end user experience perspective.
- Ensuring maximum automated test coverage using both black box (end to end level) and white box (unit level) testing techniques.
- Using Selenium, Protractor, and Echo, our in-house built test framework, to write tests that test system behavior with every new feature.
- Writing automation code for integration tests for each module being developed and ensuring that these automated tests are added to regression suites to prevent defects in future code changes.
- Automating software product performance tests for stability, scalability, and reliability of the system using tools like MicroFocus, Loadrunner, and Performance Center.
- Meeting with project stakeholders to understand non-functional requirements and performing usage analysis to design the test scenarios for performance tests.
- Writing load testing scripts to emulate thousands of users simultaneously using the system to ensure that the application performs well under high user load.
- Collaborating with the Team’s Software Engineers to identify, debug and fix performance bottlenecks.
- Employing testing techniques and methodologies such as equivalence class partitioning, pairwise testing, state transition testing, boundary value testing, decision tables to provide total test coverage.
- Performing exploratory testing on the developed features to detect unwanted behavior or bugs both on front end user interface and backend application layers as well as the database.
- Testing and evaluating the product software to uncover if defects are present using complex positive and negative scenarios.
- Executing performance tests and analyzing and documenting results.
- Performing code reviews and desk checks and providing early feedback to Software Engineers about any quality issues that are uncovered to assist with timely product deployment.
- Contributing quality assurance expertise to all aspects of Software Configuration Management (SCM), Development Operations, and Build/Release management, including analysis, design, development, testing, continuous integration and deployment to development, test, staging and production environments, covering the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ensuring the continuous improvement of the development process by implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes to allow systems to respond to defined triggers, human input, and other environmental factors.
- Using tools such as SonarQube to provide static analysis of the code and uncover potential defects that are not easily uncovered by traditional testing techniques.
- Creating reports that describe detected defects and possible causes and providing feedback on how to improve product solutions, tools, and other technical software features.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a closely related field and 4 years of experience as a Test Engineer. Must also have 4 years of experience (which can have been gain concurrently with the primary experience requirement above) working with the following:
- Writing automated test scripts using PostMan and Selenium;
- MS Test Manager, Artillery, Scala and JMeter;
- Writing functional/performance test cases and plans and executing test plans and reports; and
- Performance testing and White and Black Box testing.
This is a telecommuting position working from home. May reside anywhere in the continental U.S.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Meg Bresnahan, Sr. Business Program Manager, email@example.com (Tel: 978-955-6941).