Website The Children's Trust
The Children's Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County by making strategic investments in their futures. The Trust is guided by principles and values that include targeting early intervention and prevention services to our most vulnerable children, families and neighborhoods, while advocating for, and supporting, the increased availability of needed services for all children and their families.
The Children's Trust is an equal-opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Children’s Trust’s Information Technology (IT) team is responsible to implement strategically aligned solutions to increase the use of information to support decision making to meet financial, strategic and operational goals. The IT team supports all departments throughout The Trust, and its community networks and provider partnerships. The Solutions Specialist executes on solutions design in response to business priorities and vetted requirements. This position conducts unit testing and validates use cases to ensure solution aligns with requirements. This position maintains and implements routine solutions under the guidance of senior data team members.
The Solution Specialist reports directly to the Solutions Designer or Data Scientist. Performance is reviewed by the Solutions Designer or Data Specialist through meetings, reports, and observation of results achieved.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
The incumbent performs administrative work in a normal office environment with comfortable air temperatures and adequate lighting and ventilation. While working, the incumbent alternates physical activities such as sitting and walking around the various areas of the organization as well as utilizing a computer keyboard and telephone. Finger dexterity, voice and hearing abilities are required. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Hybrid Work Arrangement:
This position is allowed to use The Children’s Trust hybrid work arrangement of flexible working schedule that allows employees to work both remotely and from the Miami office generally 2-3 days per week.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Solution Specialist is accountable for the cost-effective and efficient attainment of The Trust’s objectives, and conformity to Board and internal policies, procedures, direction and protocol. Errors in fact, interpretation or judgment can undermine the overall effectiveness and success of The Trust. The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the highest level of discretion and business conduct and ethics.
Bachelor’s degree and one year experience in information management, business intelligence, business analysis or related field where information is utilized for decision making and assessment. Equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
• Knowledge of business intelligence technology, systems and/or reporting tools.
• Ability to implement innovative solutions to complex analytical problems.
• Knowledge of relational databases, data models and their relationship to reporting.
• Working knowledge of workflow and project management software.
• Working knowledge of SQL; data extract, transform/load and visualization skills required.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word; PowerBI preferred.
• Ability to learn data mining, machine learning and predictive analytical skills.
• Ability to integrate structured and unstructured data to support information needs.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and tasks.
• Ability to work with people with diverse backgrounds (technical and non-technical).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly with minimal support and guidance.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Solution Specialist is a key business/technical resource for staff. As emerging technologies develop, the Solution Specialist is expected to learn these technologies quickly, assess their impact and identify user needs to assist with integrating new technologies with The Trust’s systems. The Solution Specialist works with senior department staff to understand the structure, policies, and operations of the organization and to implement solutions that enable The Trust to achieve its information based strategic and operational goals. Works collaboratively as a member of the solutions team and may work on diverse technical solutions including supporting all department functions.
• Executes on solution design in response to business priorities and vetted requirements withing established timelines.• Conducts unit testing and validates use cases to ensure solution aligns with requirements.
• Collaborates with team on design and development of solutions.
• Maintains solutions and provides production support, including fixing bugs in our systems, adding functionality to our existing systems, and answering questions related to system functionality and processes.
• Develops a thorough understand of business processes and need for information utilization to meet user business needs.
• Works with the business owner to identify and resolve data quality issues.
• Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and recommends solutions.
• Ensures the consistency and sustainability of solutions by maintaining and enforcing standards.
• Utilizes established business processes including the development life cycle to guide work.
• Helps identify and investigate source systems needed to meet user analytical and reporting needs.
• Develops and presents proof of concept and prototypes to users to determine whether solutions meet user business and functional needs.
• Identifies and recommends solutions for presenting business key performance indicators through use of data visualization tools including development of dashboards and scorecards.
• Designs, develops, customizes and tests analytical solutions to meet business requirements.
• Implements solutions to integrate structured and unstructured data to facilitate data mining, machine learning and artificial intelligence efforts.
• Develops or assists in the creation of project time estimates.
• Maintains communications with management and users during development or maintenance cycle.
• Provides post implementation support of user questions and fine tuning of reporting solutions.
• Communicates technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Assists with testing use case scenarios.
• Ensures that code repositories and other technical documentation is up to date.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.thechildrenstrust.org/content/careers →