South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union was established in 1935 and offers challenging career opportunities and great benefits.
Responsible for keeping the organization’s proprietary and sensitive information secure. Protect and defend the organization from all forms of internal and external information security threats. Identify and correct flaws in the organization’s security systems, solutions, and programs. Recommend and implement specific measures that can improve the overall security posture. Ensure that security is a priority for all new systems and implementations. Responsible for staying abreast of current and emerging cybersecurity trends and use that information to make recommendations. Add value to the company decision-making process by providing subject-matter expertise. Must have a strong ability to work independently and be detail-oriented.
1. Protect digital assets and data, intellectual property, and information systems against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
2. Implement and configure systems to improve the organization’s security posture.
3. Operate, configure, and fine tune the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system. Investigate and report all information regarding security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
4. Develop automated adaptive responses and alerting of detected cybersecurity incidents.
5. Install and configure security measures and countermeasures to defend against cyber intrusions and attacks.
6. Operate and configure systems to protect data and information infrastructure, including firewalls, data encryption, network devices, Intrusion Prevention Systems, security appliances and software, etc.
7. Detect and remediate security vulnerabilities. Stop internal and external threats, data leakage, etc.
8. Ensure that all information technology equipment is configured and operating according to established policy and standards.
9. Monitor computing environment and infrastructure logs, and network traffic for activities including but not limited to: policy violations, abnormal behaviors, attacks, intrusions, best practice recommendations, etc.
10. Conduct regular health checks of all security systems and implement configuration changes accordingly.
- Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field.
- 5 years experience in cybersecurity
- Must have several years of experience working in a cybersecurity role at an enterprise level. Requires expert applied knowledge of network devices and protocols, Operating Systems, and security systems/appliances (Linux/AIX/Windows servers, firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, IPS, Vulnerability Scanners, etc.). Experience using SPLUNK ENTERPRISE SECURITY (ES) is needed. Must possess deep understanding of cybersecurity landscape and demonstrate the ability to defend against current and emerging threats. Strong independent worker. Strong organization and time management, problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills are required. Must be comfortable writing technical documentation. Must be able to work well under stress. Must maintain Information and System Security as the top priority at all times and demonstrate the ability to do so.