At Nationwide, we exist to protect people, businesses and futures with extraordinary care. Ranked #57 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Companies to Work For.
With more than $158 billion in statutory assets, we’re a Fortune 100 mutual company that offers a full range of insurance and financial services across the country, including car, boat, homeowners, pet, farm, life and commercial insurance, as well as administrative services, annuities, mortgages, mutual funds, pensions, long-term savings plans and specialty health services.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with offices across the country, Nationwide offers a wide variety of career opportunities for various majors. To learn more, check out our careers site at www.nationwide.com/careers
Enhance your potential for greatness by bringing your passion for analytics and data to Nationwide. The Enterprise Analytics Office Internship Program empowers you to gain real-world experience, work on meaningful projects and open the door to a possible career with us. Make an impact with us as we support our entire organization with data-driven solutions.
At the Enterprise Analytics Office, we package the science to influence outcomes. We apply science & math to hard problems to build “data products.” Our products should integrate seamlessly and often play behind the scenes to generate value.
We are currently seeking to fill 10 internship positions at our Columbus Ohio, Des Moines Iowa, or Scottsdale Arizona offices, with virtual work opportunities available.
Candidates should have a degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Web Development, and Information Technology.
Required Experience: Candidates should demonstrate hands on experience with the following expectations:
· Programming with multiple programming/scripting languages (Python, Java, R, Shell scripting, Perl)
· Writing and debugging complex SQL queries
· Unix/Linux command-line
· Must be an accomplished self-learner, demonstrating an awareness of technology trends and ability to learn and teach with limited formal training
· Understanding of production support triage and resolution processes and techniques
· Analyzes and resolves moderately complex issues related to application support
· Implement solutions with complex business requirements and systems integrations
· Collaborate, coordinate and communicate across teams
· Prepares detailed specifications, requirements, scope documents and logic flowcharts for the development and implementation of the most complex application programs and modifications
· Application testing to ensure that the provided solution is executable, testable, complete and not ambiguous while meeting all end-user requirements
Nice to have Experience:
· Test Automation Technologies (Ruby).
· Infrastructure solutions (Liberty, Docker, AWS, Azure).
· Version Control (GitHub).
· Previous ETL development experience.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who are graduating in 2021.
As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to design, develop and deploy solutions while working with real-world data to deliver end-to-end automated data products that deliver a consumable product to business partners. You’ll work with enterprise-class analytic software tools and platforms.
Interested candidates must understand application design, programming principles, and cloud technologies with the ability to code, test, debug, optimize, document, and maintain complex application programs while being competent to work on most phases of development life-cycle with provided instruction and guidance in phases.