Grants Administration Data Analyst
Website Knight Foundation
We are social investors who support a more effective democracy by funding free expression and journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of American cities and towns where the Knight brothers once published newspapers.
Do you have strong computing and data analysis skills? Do you thrive in innovative work environments that champion continuous process improvement? Are you an early stage professional or a recent graduate of a coding program and eager to put those skills to use? If so, we have a data analyst role on our Grants Administration team.
Knight Foundation’s Grants Administration team oversees and continuously improves the foundation’s grant making process and systems. We are seeking an individual with an interest in technical support, data analysis and management.
As the Data Analyst on the Grants Administration team, you will report to our Director/Grants Administration.
Knight Foundation is a national foundation with strong local roots. We invest in journalism, in the arts, and in the success of cities where brothers John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers. Our goal is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
This is an in-office position located in Miami, Florida. Local candidates only.
Send your resume to: email@example.com
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and solutions-driven
- Ability to ensure that projects are delivered on time and produce desired results
- Programming/coding proficiency
- Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity
- Skillful in creating narratives with data
- Curiosity and a strong desire to learn
- A strong orientation towards customer service
- Experience with Fluxx, or another grants management database, is a plus.
- Ensure the quality, integrity, and accuracy of the foundation’s grants data
- Conduct extensive analysis of grant data; identify and present trends; interpret results; and make action-oriented recommendations
- Assist staff and grantees with processing activities throughout the grant life cycle
- Help drive continuous back-end system improvements; educate staff, grantees and trustees on the changes
- Support and partner with staff and grantees in the overall grant-making process, including development of grant documents, structuring of grants and ensuring regulatory compliance requirements are met
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org