Company founded in Germany in the 1800's.
Installs, modifies, and make major repairs to personal computer hardware, laptops and software systems, provides technical assistance, and training to system executives and managers. Will be trained on ITSM and ITIL Knowledge by the current Service Desk Leads. The primary goal of the intern is to be able to successfully refurbish, resell old legacy IT related equipment to assist the P&L of our department. If the intern is a good fit – he will be guaranteed a IS Support Associate I position after 90 days probation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Most crucial for this non-paid 90 day internship (includes a sales commission) is the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, repair devices that are end of life and re sell them via eBay or ulterior channels in order to assist with Device LifeCycle Management. Technical skills will be trained throughout the 90 day period and if the candidate is a good fit for the team, he is guaranteed a full time position. If the candidate is not a good it he will be given a strong recommendation letter from our Global VP of IT/ISS and will also be forwarded to other companies looking for Support Associates.
· Monitors a 48 hour ticket follow up process to ensure that open tickets are updated pro-actively and communicated to the requestor.
· Provide superior customer service to internal and external users, including response to escalations, proactively notifying management and operations.
· ITSM processes / ITSM processes knowledge in Incident Management and directly Responsible for the Service Request management process to ensure quality of service.
· Provide input to devices support team on devices support issues; proactively address new and emerging problems.
· Installs or assists executives and service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as phones, monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's devices.
· Escalate issues based on the SLA problems to the appropriate Supervisor, or Manager when necessary and track overdue issues in Prolin.
· Deploys and updates computer images to devices.
· Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
· Refers major hardware problems to the server team and follow-ups until issue complete.
· Provides excellent customer service to user community.
· Expected to travel to support remote branches
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
-Associates degree in computer science, information systems management, or a related degree from a technical school, and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Basic knowledge of freight forwarding a plus.
-A+ Certification a plus
-Ecommerce knowledge (eBay, Amazon)
-Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets the most complex documents.
-Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from top managers, staff, and customers.
-Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on various topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
-Proficient in English and Spanish
-Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
-Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
-Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
-Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
-Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills, strong attention to details.
-Ability to complete work within scope and on schedule under pressure of deadlines.
-Ability to train others.
-Customer Service oriented
-Team player within company.
-Multitask oriented and able to work in a fast environment.
-Strong commitment to end-user service.
-Support for workstations, laptops and thin-client terminals running Windows Operating system