H.I.G. Capital is a leading global private investment firm with over $27 billion of capital under management. The H.I.G. family of funds includes private equity, growth equity, real estate, debt/credit, lending and life sciences. We align ourselves with committed management teams and entrepreneurs and help build businesses of significant value. Our team of professionals has substantial operating, consulting, technology and financial management experience, enabling us to contribute meaningfully to our portfolio companies. We invest in companies throughout North and South America and Europe and have offices in Miami, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the U.S., and affiliate offices in London, Luxemburg, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Bogota and Mexico City.
H.I.G. Capital is currently seeking a talented, customer service driven, eager and ready to work Help Desk Intern to join the IT team in our Miami office.
This person will be a self-motivated, energetic “go-getter” with strong organizational skills to work within the IT team in a very high volume and demanding help desk.
· Manage a case load of incoming service requests daily
· Provide basic-to-intermediate PC software and hardware technical support to the firms personnel
· Determines root cause of IT related issues and troubleshoots providing technical expertise with accurate and timely solutions to ensure personnel satisfaction and productivity
· Perform software and hardware installations as necessary
· Troubleshoot wireless and wired networking issues
· Provide first level support through desk side support or remote support using network tools
· Software and Hardware deployment in an enterprise environment
· Hands on experience with computer imaging
· Remote access IT assets to provide support or troubleshoot issues
· The ideal candidate must possess a positive can-do attitude that thrives on meeting deadlines, a solid work ethic and a desire to learn as well as be part of a team.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Developed problem solving skills including the ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical users
· Strong understanding of windows 7 and windows 10
· Experience with Microsoft office products
· Strong analytical skills
· Understands basic networking protocols such as DNS and tcp/ip