Data Analyst II
Florida International University
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Data Analyst II to join our team of professionals. Job ID: 528648Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two (2) years of appropriate experience or a Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization.Position Duties:
- Conducts data management & analysis using quantitative and qualitative analytical tools such as R programming language, Atlas.ti, Microsoft Excel, ArcGIS, Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS), Statistical Analysis System (SAS) etc.
- Utilizes analytic methodologies and approaches to address a broad range of issues, and executes analyses in a timely, accurate, and reliable manner.
- Interacts with team members to understand business processes, then gathers, formulates, and analyzes the data to assist with planning, decision making, reporting for stakeholders, and publication purposes.
- Verifies accuracy, looks for discrepancies in system data and conducts analysis using unbiased judgement and complex systems.
- Responsible for onboarding interns and providing orientation of work/project and conducting training on the requirement of assigned projects.
- Documents processes and results for training and replication purposes for the current interns and volunteers of the department.
- Troubleshoots any technical issues that may arise.
- Assists with rolling out new data management plans, analytics, and statistical/operation research models designed and developed by the leadership team.
- Conducts data extraction from databases using SQL for further analyses.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor that are logically related to the position.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.fiu.edu →