Website Florida International University
Florida International University, Division of IT, IRCC
HPC Specialist/Liaision serves as the liaison between faculty, students and the Instructional & Research Computing Center’s (IRCC) technical staff.Qualifications:
Experience with administration of computational computing clusters including, but not limited to GPU clusters, General HPC clusters, and SMP environments. Experience with Centos or similar Linux distributions a plus.
Experience with programming jobs to run on parallel environments. CUDA and Fortran programming expertise is a plus.
Experience with HPC job schedulers, especially job submission is required. Slurm scheduler experience is a plus
Experience and understanding of parallel filesystems is preferred Understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, & LDAP
Expertise in Engineering, Computer Science or a science that uses computational computing
Experience at teaching and preparing lesson plans for a classroom environment
Experience with working with faculty and relationship building
Grant writing experience or grant collaboration experience preferred
Self-starter who can be productive without significant management oversight
Must have good oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical information well, verbally and in writing.Position Duties:
- Promotes computational computing capabilities of the IRCC to faculty, builds relationships and creates collaborative opportunities between faculty, academic departments and the IRCC.
- Creates lesson plans and conducts workshops on High Performance Computing (HPC) programming, HPC data management, HPC schedulers and other HPC related topics as the need arises.
- Administers HPC environment in order to help teach and answer faculty and students questions related to the IRCC's computational resources. Participates in some daily administration duties to help keep knowledge of the environment up to date as needed. Serves as a backup administrator in cases where the two primary administrators need additional assistance.
- Research grant opportunities directly for the IRCC or in collaboration with faculty and academic departments.
- Provides input and suggestions on computational computing infrastructure, cluster design and as yet to be implemented technologies. Participate in SSerca meetings and Super Computing Conferences, including assisting with booth management.
- Participates in research when the opportunities present itself.
- Assists in development of IRCC procedures and processes.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://pslinks.fiu.edu/psc/jobs/CUSTOMER/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1000&JobOpeningId=528456&PostingSeq=1 →