Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
Provides customer support and technical support to faculty and students in the use of the classroom equipment, Audio Visual (AV) equipment, CanvasMed (Learning Management System) and related academic computing software. Provides coordination among classroom support team to address troubleshooting efforts, testing, implementation, and support. Provides off site support for AV events and clinical locations. Responsible for deploying mobile devices and associated applications to support meetings requiring the resources.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years’ experience in IT related field, OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
· Assists all users and students with questions about supported software and computing platforms to the best of his/her ability in a professional and courteous manner.
· Provides support and troubleshooting for Audio Visual (AV) systems (e.g. Crestron, Polycom, SimulationiQ) in learning facilities (classrooms and simulation center) and conference rooms. Works off hours, as needed, to maintain AV systems' uptime and operational continuity.
· Edits course capture video and publishes to the end users.
· Uploads and updates course content to the learning management system.
· Performs equipment testing and systems training for end users and other IT staff members.
· Provides weekly support for Boardpaq (board meeting application) and IPad set up. Coordinates with board administrator, sets up equipment and assists with any issues prior to the meeting. Responsible for the collection of all equipment once the meeting has concluded.
· Sets-up and operates sound and multimedia systems for events. Travels to off campus AV events and clinical locations to provide AV support as needed. Assists users by setting up necessary conference room AV systems for briefings, presentations, and conferences. Establishes connectivity prior to the start of any video conferencing session to verify equipment is functional and participants are on-line.
· Provides coordination among classroom support team to address troubleshooting efforts, testing, implementation and support.
· Works to address escalated issues related to classroom and educational technologies and collaborates with vendors, consultants and Division of Information Technology (DoIT) as needed.
· Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
· Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.