About the Company:
Florida International University - Division of Human Resources
We are a leading urban public research university that focuses its mission on student success and leadership opportunities at a local and global level. Our students are at the focal point of our institution. They have high expectations both for themselves and for our community. FIU serves as a 24/7, 365 solutions center with a sense of inclusivity, respect and optimism.
Much of our successes come from the extraordinary faculty and staff that make our institution Worlds Ahead. FIU’s employment path will open your reality to new ideas, cultures, languages, relationships, and opportunities. We are continuously finding innovative ways to provide a high-quality experience for our Panthers. As the gateway to the Americas, FIU serves as a catalyst for the future of higher education.
We are an anchor institution and a beacon of hope and opportunity for our community. FIU is dedicated to learning, research, innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship, so that our graduates are equipped to succeed in a global market.
HRIS Business Analyst II collaborates with functional users to streamline business processes through the introduction of automated solutions in PeopleSoft HR. Coordinates with technical resources to develop and implement solutions; assists in the testing of new system updates and custom processes. Main responsibility consists on the processing of all jobs and procedures that provide production support on an on-going basis.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or related field and three (3) years of experience in HRIS or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Knowledge of programming languages such as SQL
- Understanding of database structure and functionality
- Knowledge of advanced features in Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
If you feel you meet all the qualifications, please feel free to submit your application by visiting the following link: https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/. Select "Prospective Employees" and reference job opening ID #527200 under "Search Jobs".
Job Opening ID: 527041
Business Unit: HUMAN RESOURCES
- Acts as designated HRIS Business Analyst/Subject Matter Expert to Peoplesoft HR modules of Talent Acquisition and Management, Candidate Gateway, and ePerformance Management.
- Assists with the coordination, administration, planning, development, implementation, and support of enterprise applications and systems.
- Collaborates, consults and finds solutions with functional users to further develop automation within PeopleSoft HR based on user needs and business practices.
- Assists with all Production related processes on a bi-weekly basis such as vendor interface file creation, vendor files analysis, and outbound files processing. As well as all production support requests on a daily basis. Assists in the testing of new system functionalities, implementation, updates, upgrades, and customer processes.
- Develops queries for end users as necessary and assists in the preparation of training materials and tutorials for users as required.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves PeopleSoft system related problems and errors to ensure the accuracy of business critical processes. Analyzes, designs, and creates specifications for PantherSoft application functionality and/or requirements.
- Troubleshoots system issues and enhancements to HR systems, provides updates and recommends changes to enhance processes and systems; documents business processes; tests and implements new functionality.
- Interacts with database administrators, security analysts, developers and business system users.
- Coordinates with vendors when necessary to resolve issues.
- Performs other related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Assists in the development of training to support the University community on use of existing and new modules or functionalities as implemented.