About the Company:
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Knight Foundation School of Computing & Info. Sciences is currently seeking a Student Jr. Web Developer Master to join their team of professionals. Assist the School’s Web Developer/Master in the creation and maintenance of websites and digital assets necessary for web content.
The ideal candidate will have WordPress experience, but experience with other CMS systems and understanding industry trends are adequate to start. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is a plus. Applicants who lack training/experience in some of these areas will have an opportunity to learn on the job and are encouraged to apply. However, applicants must demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, troubleshoot, and work independently.
- Good understanding of front-end technologies, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Basic experience using graphic editing programs like Photoshop.
- Some understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Working with end-users to create new WordPress websites.
- Maintaining existing WordPress websites; this includes editing content, applying or updating themes.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionalities.