About the Company:
FIU College of Engineering & Computing
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
Designs, develops, and maintains the Florida International University (FIU) School of Computing and Information Sciences (SCIS) web sites, content management systems and related digital media platforms. Works closely with SCIS faculty and staff to identify and maximize the visibility of School’s research, instruction and outreach activities via electronic dissemination. Provides leadership, vision and direction for web design, implementation, and management of all digital media technologies. Works with the School’s Director and faculty and staff to attract prospective students, to improve web presence, and to develop and adopt web and digital media strategies.
- Designs, implements, and manages all digital content platforms including web services, content management systems, lecture capture systems, learning management systems, and other tools used to support online learning and electronic dissemination.
- Responsible to improve the design, appearance, and interactivity of the School's websites and other digital media content platforms through the use of digital media tools, templates, stock photos, and other digital content.
- Develops, integrates, tests, and maintains software used in the management of digital media content platforms. Works with the School's Network and Systems group on the day-to-day administration, security, and backup of all digital media technologies. Works with central IT service provider, outside vendors and partners as appropriate to support and maintain systems.
- Responsible for web search engine optimization, business intelligence and analytics. Periodically report on user engagement metrics to determine if current strategies achieve the desired goals.
Adheres and implements University policies pertaining to web technologies, branding, design, and information privacy.
- Works with School Director, faculty and staff to proactively gather, organize and streamline the dissemination of digital content on School websites, social media, newsletters and other electronic platforms. Reviews departmental digital platforms for required elements, content, format and accuracy. Conducts hands-on training for faculty, staff, and students on the use of digital content platforms as needed.
- Keeps abreast of advances in computing technology that may affect the use of digital content platforms at the school. Advises the Director, faculty, and staff of technologies that would benefit the School's digital presence.
Performs other related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude supervisor from assigning duties that are related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Studies or other technical discipline and two (2) years related experience OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Experience administrating a content management system.
Advanced knowledge of word press, plugin, custom template, and themes.