Our knowledge of the complexities of the health care system enables us to provide physicians with a rare, cost-effective set of management services that will benefit your practice. From the early formation of the practice to providing ongoing day to day practice management services, Femwell is with you every step of the way.
Position/Title: EHR Implementation Specialist
Required Time Commitment (Full Time/Part Time): Full Time
Reports to: EHR Services Manager, EHR Project Manager, and Director of EHR Services
The role of the EHR Implementation Specialist is to provide on-site, go-live training and support during the practice’s go-live week of EHR implementation as per the direction of the EHR Project Manager. In addition, to provide eCW software support through phone and remote connection as per the direction of the EHR Services Manager.
The EHR Implementation Specialist will conduct EHR software and clinical workflow training to the medical staff while overseeing the clinical training by the software’s certified trainer to the Physicians. The primary purpose of the implementation specialist is to ensure that all medical staff is aware of the main core workflows and overall training stays on track throughout the go-live week. In addition, the EHR Implementation Specialist will conduct EHR software and workflow support to the medical staff and providers of practices, including documentation of ticket issues within our internal ticketing queue system. The primary purpose is to be that as a liaison to the eCW Training and Support team, to ensure that training and all open tickets and inquiries are followed through and resolved for the medical practices.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Excellent communication skills, professional appearance, patient, and polite demeanor.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with practice managers, staff, and providers.
· Ability to learn software quickly and have a basic understanding of computing concepts.
· Ability to work well with a different type of personalities, handle criticism and remain professional in all situations.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Self-motivated, reliable, and trustworthy.
· Degree, certification, and/or experience in the medical or technical field.
· Reliable means of transportation.
· Ability to travel
How to Apply:
Please be sure to include the following in your e-mail:
The title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The date at which you are available to start.
Your salary requirement
Your contact information
Cover letter with your resume
Once your e-mail is received, someone will contact you regarding an interview. Please note that submitting your resume does not guarantee an interview or position placement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $1.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
In light of current guidance, we have implemented new policies and procedures to ensure social distancing, housekeeping services, hygiene guidelines and other health and safety protocols.
Miami FL and Remote
28 days ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Essential Responsibilities/Job Functions:
· Provide training to medical staff following the training guidelines and procedures already established and approved by the EHR department.
· Report Go Live training questions and/or concerns to the EHR Project Manager.
· Report software issues to EHR support or directly to the software vendor when needed.
· Document daily progress and provide updates to the EHR Project Manager.
· In the event that the software trainer is ineffective, report it to the EHR Project Manager and take over the Physician training.
· Following up with practices for process feedback and customer satisfaction.
· Provide phone and remote support to assist with EHR issues for medical practices
· Follow protocols of standard troubleshooting for issues
· Possess working knowledge for all applications within the program
· Perform practice level maintenance/research and system testing/ability to generate reports / and document all changes and statuses in a complete and thorough manner.
· Document, research, evaluate, and resolve all Help Desk tickets that are sent from end-users.
· Prioritize high-priority tickets and tasks from other regular job duties
· Participate in implementation and transition to new software upgrades as needed.
· Perform testing on new builds and applications during implementation and maintenance phases
· Attend meetings and work with the EHR Services Department to assist with process improvement, integration, and efficiency related to software functionality and support team workflow.
· Assist with workflow processes as necessary
· Maintain system data integrity by strictly following EHR and IT protocols
· Maintains HIPAA standards and confidentiality of protected health information.
· Performs other assigned duties and special projects on an as needed basis.