About the Company:
Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life’s big moments – from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyze and process data in ways others can’t. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.experianplc.com.
The Experian Summer Internship Program is a unique opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience in a fast-paced, innovative company. As an Experian intern, you will work on challenging assignments with a clear understanding of your contribution to our organization, all while working with the latest technology and tools. Our program includes weekly “intern-only” events including meeting executive leaders, career development workshops, and opportunities to network with your 100+ fellow interns.
Our internship program will run May 18 – Aug 14. We accept over 100 interns across all major office locations in the US. To be eligible, you must be pursuing a four-year degree and able to start with one of the cohorts.
What you’ll need to bring to the party
– Your knowledge to contribute in developing C# .Net software components based on functional specifications and requirements
– Your energy to participate in requirement meetings with subject matter experts and clients
– Your fresh perspective on how we can improve our processes and products
– Your innovation in resolving application programming problems, and functional/integration issues
What you’ll be doing
– Be a key hands-on contributor to the design and coding of new product features
– Write SQL queries to retrieve and update data in a SQL database
– Work on backlog issues using Kanban
– Work with a small development team
Why interns are critical to our success
- Our business only thrives if we’re constantly innovating new and better ways of doing things. We look to interns to keep us up-to-date on industry trends and new ways of working.
- Interns are critical to our early career talent strategy. We think of our internship program as an extra-long interview process. We are selective, because we know we are hiring future Experian employees!
- Many interns pick up projects that teams would normally need extra hands to complete. Interns play a critical role in closing the loop on long standing projects or starting something smaller with a big impact!
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans
More about you
- Student pursing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of C# and .NET framework
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Good knowledge of database design
- Hands-on experience with Windows forms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills