Crediterium is a modern consumer lending and financial technology company addressing the small dollar value lending market.
The Analyst, Data and API Integration works primarily within the technology department to ensure that data coming from various third party business systems gets collected and treated so that advanced reporting can be provided to the rest of the business to support critical decision making.
As more systems are added to the landscape, the analyst helps with implementing APIs allowing for fluid communication between the different components.
As Crediterium advances in creating its own tools, the role of the analyst can evolve to include architecture and development tasks as part of a team of professionals in various areas of technology and business.
The Analyst, Data and API Integration position is defined as part time, with a schedule to be arranged with the candidate. It represents a great opportunity for a CS student to familiarize themselves with the rigors of work outside an academic setting, in a business area plentiful of opportunity for well-balanced individuals.
Students that have passed a few of the following CS courses or its equivalents are expected to have the tools required to succeed in this position:
- COP2210 — Computer Programming 1
- COP3337 — Computer Programming 2
- COP4338 — Computer Programming 3
- CEN4010 — Software Engineering 1
- ENC3249 — Professional and Technical Writing
- COP3530 — Data Structures
- COP4604 — Advanced UNIX Programming
- CGS1920 — Introduction to Computing
- COP4710 — Database Management
- CEN4021 — Software Engineering 1
Candidates are expected to be outstanding communicators and eager to learn. Bilingual Spanish-English is highly desirable. Strong familiarity with Linux systems and Open Source are required.
Successful execution of the Analyst, Data and API Integration role includes the following tasks:
- Work together with the office of the CTO to identify and fulfill data processing needs of various parts of the business, supporting critical parts of the customer journey.
- Monitor and improve existing automation for data ingestion pipelines.
- Identify, propose and implement solutions based in Open Source to extend and improve data pipelines.
- Closely engage vendors to implement support for third party APIs.