Code/Art is a nonprofit dedicated to increasing the number of girls studying computer science by delighting and inspiring them with the creative possibilities of computer programming.
The number of women majoring in computer science (CS) has been decreasing since the 1980s. A big reason for this is the lack of early coding programs that feel welcoming to girls.
We envision a world where computer science education is as accessible to girls as to boys, a world in which girls are introduced to programming at the same age as boys, and girls are taught computer science through a creative, social curriculum that matches the way they learn and lays the foundation for them to compete for in-demand technology jobs.
●Majoring or minoring in Computer Science or a related field
●Experience working with students in grades 4-12 a plus
●Become a member of a group of 15 instructors with a common goal! Code/Art givesa voice to instructors as well as students. Your perspective on how best to learncoding will be considered. Proposing how else to connect to the local CS/IT Miamiecosystem is welcome.
●Attend an initial training session (in late August/early September).
● Review the appropriate lesson before each session.
● Fill out a short 3-question survey after each teaching session.
● Communicate any questions or concerns to Code/Art’s Program Manager
● Attend each teaching session you accept and plan ahead so you arrive on time
● If you have to cancel a session you’ve accepted, give us at least a week’s notice, so we are able to schedule a replacement intern.