About the Company:
College of Business Technical Center
We support the College of Business in serving our diverse student, faculty and administrative staff, by advancing business knowledge, providing leadership, consultation, and service in information technology. We support our students to succeed in a dynamic technology-driven business environment – creating a growing legacy for our alumni. We provide our faculty with the guidance, necessary tools, and training to integrate technology into the curriculum and meet their research needs. We provide our staff with the systems and business processes to effectively and efficiently support the operations of the College of Business.
The Lab Technician assists the Lab Manager, this position is responsible for providing event and project support which include setup and operations for all technology areas. Provides support, adheres to procedures and documents, reports on all activities and pending matters related to the COBAV Tech Center. Contributes to permanent installations and event AV setups. Responsible for showing up to work on time and staying till the end of their shift.
- Open, close and follow up on outstanding tickets and ensure timely and satisfactory resolution.
- Respond to calls within the College of Business that pertain to our field of expertise.
- Perform walk-throughs of our class and work areas to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Assists faculty, staff and students with classroom set-up.
- Assists users having computer or networking problems via phone, email or walk-in.
- Manage and monitor IT assets to ensure accurate inventory records.
- Coordinate and work with fellow IT support team members.
- Some coursework completed in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Ability to provide basic troubleshooting of computing networking and AV devices.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and able to learn in a hands-on environment.
- Reliability, adaptability, and punctuality.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Students must not be graduating within 2 semesters of initial employment.
- Ability to provide superior customer service in a personable and courteous manner.