CodeArt is a Miami-based nonprofit whose mission is to increase the number of girls studying computer science by delighting and inspiring them with the creative possibilities of computer programming. CodeArt uses art as an onramp to coding for girls in grades 4-12. CodeArt runs CodeHer clubs and community workshops where students learn how to write computer programs that generate art.
Creative Coding Teaching Internship is a paid opportunity with a typical intern teaching eight sessions at $50 per session. Location: K-12 Public Schools in Miami-Dade County
Be part of a team of 30 FIU students pair teaching creative coding in the classroom!
As a Creative Coding Teaching Intern, you will be paired with another FIU intern to assist the art teachers in learning the four lessons at their school when they facilitate the lessons the first few times. You can teach as much or little as you want on your terms. Let Code/Art know your time availability and preferred school regions (North, Central, South) you can cover.
● Become a member of a group of 30 instructors with a common goal. Code/Art gives a voice to instructors as well as to students. Your perspective on how best to learn coding will be considered. Proposing how else to connect to the local CS/IT Miami ecosystem is welcome.
● Attend an initial training session (in late July or early September).
● Review the appropriate lesson before each session.
● Fill out a short 5-question survey after each teaching session.
● Communicate any questions or concerns to Code/Art’s Program Coordinator.
● Attend each teaching session you accept and plan ahead so you arrive 5-10 minutes early.
● If you have to cancel a session you’ve accepted, give us at least a week’s notice, so we are able to schedule a replacement intern.
● Majoring or minoring in Computer Science or a related field
● Experience working with students in grades 4-12 a plus