About the Company:
The College of Business Technology Center provides specialized support and care for College of Business employees. The Technology Center offers computer, classroom, and lab support services to faculty, staff and students as well as a variety of information systems services that extend and enhance the University systems, delivering tailored administrative information system solutions to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the College operations.
The Lab Technician assists the Lab Manager, this position is responsible for providing event and project support which include setup and operations for all technology areas. Provides support, adheres to procedures and documents, reports on all activities and pending matters related to the COBAV Tech Center. Contributes to permanent installations and event AV setups. Responsible for showing up to work on time and staying till the end of their shift.
- Open, close and follow up on outstanding tickets and ensure timely and satisfactory resolution.
- Respond to calls within the College of Business that pertain to our field of expertise.
- Perform walk-throughs of our class and work areas to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Assists faculty, staff and students with classroom set-up.
- Manage and monitor IT assets to ensure accurate inventory records.
- Coordinate and work with fellow IT support team members.
- Some coursework completed in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Ability to provide basic troubleshooting of computing networking and AV devices.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and able to learn in a hands-on environment.
- Reliability, adaptability, and punctuality.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Students must not be graduating within 2 semesters of initial employment.
- Ability to provide superior customer service in a personable and courteous manner.