About the Company:
At Clutch Prep, we believe learning science and math courses shouldn’t be as hard as it’s made out to be, and we’re on a mission to provide students with super engaging content that is personalized to what they’re learning in their textbooks and in class. You’ll be working to develop awesome physics curriculum on an exciting online platform that’s already helping thousands of students across the country!
At Clutch, delivering amazing explanations is our core. We’re a game-changing education technology startup (started at FIU!) providing quality, relevant video-based lessons to students. We’re looking for a small team of academic assistants to help produce the best academic content for our users.
This is a non-teaching position. You will impact thousands of students by working in the background to develop amazing new content for our Physics courses.
Who are you?
- Physics Guru: Physics and Calculus were some of your best/favorite subjects in college, and you occasionally still see Free-Body Diagrams in your sleep. You’ve seen or taught everything from Kinematics to Simple Harmonic Motion to Magnetic Fields, and you’re familiar with common problem types in these topics.
- Helpful: You naturally loved helping out friends and classmates with homework questions.
- Good Student: You’ve always gotten good grades, and you’re motivated to helping others improve theirs.
Ideally you are also:
- A curious learner
- A dependable team player
- A detail-oriented person with exceptional organizational techniques to handle complex projects
- An ambitious go-getter who is creative and flexible enough to have your own autonomy on projects
- A passionate individual with a deep knowledge of physics who wants to be a part of making our courses the best in the world!
- Working closely with the Physics Lead Instructor to innovate next-level physics content, rebuild existing physics courses, and build new courses from scratch by:
- Organizing textbook, class, and exam materials with deep background knowledge and familiarity
- Categorizing & researching physics explanations and problems across dozens of textbooks to develop the most effective ways to teach students the ins and outs of physics
- Designing detailed maps connecting classic physics problem types (we’re looking at you, Inclined Planes) to help students easily solve similar problems on their own
- Ongoing academic support for our students by efficiently and concisely answering student questions across multiple platforms
- Previous experience tutoring college-level Physics courses
- Excellent performance in Physics and Math courses