About the Company:
The hometown atmosphere in Homestead that welcomes visitors comes from a community that is proud of the ongoing accomplishments that make the City of Homestead a desirable place to live, work, and raise a family. The City of Homestead offers a unique small-town atmosphere with all the amenities of a big city. Miami is only thirty miles north of Homestead, home to a major international airport and one of the country’s most vibrant and culturally rich cities. Welcome to Homestead: truly a great place to live and work!
Individual assumes support responsibilities for all micro-computer and mainframe activity (hardware, software, networking, training, documentation) within the City of Homestead. The PC Coordinator will act as a first-level response to any PC/Workstation/Mainframe problems.
This is a highly technical position requiring a dedication to implementing and supporting the latest computer technologies.
- Responsible for scheduling and conducting formal training on PC/Workstation/Mainframe hardware/software to include: word processing, spreadsheets, database, desktop publishing, and Mainframe applications.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining training documentation for all PC/Workstation/Mainframe systems in use by the City of Homestead.
- Acts as first level of response to any PC/Workstation/Mainframe problems within the City. Must be capable of diagnosing/fixing problem, and document all problems for future consideration.
- Responsible for installing hardware/software for all computer systems and/or coordinate relocation of computer equipment within the City, under the supervision of the I.T.S. project leader.
- Responsible for performing preventive maintenance on all PC/Workstation/Mainframe equipment within the City.
- Responsible for providing programming solutions for PC/Workstation/Mainframe -based software needs, in areas such as spreadsheet development, word processing macro equipment, database enhancements, menu systems, application programs, etc.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and monitoring back-up procedures and files (library functions) for all software running on the City’s computers.
- Responsible for developing data entry procedures, work flows, forms, etc., and training personnel in their use.
- A B.S. degree in Computer Science or three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with the Microsoft Office Suite, MS Access, and MS SQL in a Microsoft Server Network Environment.
- Experience working in a multi-faceted (Mainframe, Workstation, LAN, WAN) real-world environment.
- Microsoft MCSE or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid state of Florida Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Must pass a background test and a drug test in compliance with the City’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- Job Control languages/procedures development desirable.
- Experience working with IIBM AS/400 systems desirable.