The Information Services Technician is responsible for maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing network and telecommunications equipment including hardware and software. The Information Services Technician maintains, upgrades, and/or replaces network hardware and software systems. Additionally, the position assists management in the oversight, upkeep and maintenance of all agency networking, computers, hardware, and telephone-related technology assets.
High School or better in Other.
Associates or better in Network Systems Administration.
1 year: 1 year – IT experience
Licenses & Certifications
Microsoft - MCP
Cisco - CCNA (S/R)
Essential Job Responsibilities
Provides technical assistance to end users at all company sites.
Works within a structured, documented helpdesk system in a Windows active directory infrastructure.
Acts as primary level 1 tiered support within the helpdesk system providing support and technical issue resolution to all end users.
Installs software (operating systems, custom software, office productivity software) according to company standards and procedures.
Images and deploys end-user computer systems.
Upgrades hardware and desktop software and performs maintenance when scheduled or necessary.
Establishes new user accounts and makes changes to existing user accounts,
Creates and makes changes to user email accounts in Microsoft Exchange.
Assists with documenting and inventorying network devices, all technical assets and hardware and software configurations.
Ensures connectivity to all endpoints on the company network.
Installs and troubleshoots network cabling.
Participates in department staff meetings and company developmental activities as requested/required.
Other duties as assigned by Information Services department management.
Culture of Service: 3 C’s
• Greets internal or external customers (i.e. patient, client, staff, vendor) with courtesy, making eye contact, responding with a proper tone and nonverbal language.
• Listens to the internal or external customer (i.e. patient, client, staff, vendor) attentively, reassuring and understanding of the request and providing appropriate options or resolutions.
• Provides services required by following established protocols and when needed, procure additional help to answer questions to ensure appropriate services are delivered
• Takes initiative and anticipates internal or external customer needs by engaging them in the process and following up as needed
• Prioritize internal or external customer (i.e. patient, client, staff, vendor) requests to ensure the prompt and effective response is provided
Ensures proper handwashing according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
Understands and appropriately acts upon the assigned role in Emergency Code System.
Understands and performs assigned roles in the organization’s Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP).
Will have frequent contact with staff at all Care Resource locations and will have occasional contact with external parties, vendors, and technical support representatives as necessary.
This work requires the following physical activities: constant walking and bending. Frequent standing, sitting, lifting at least 25 lbs., stretching/reaching, working on a ladder, vision for close work, talking on the phone and talking in person. Work is performed in an office setting.
Participates in health center developmental activities as requested.
Other duties as assigned. #INDMP