About the Company:
Blue Stream Fiber
Why Join the Blue Stream Team?
Blue Stream Fiber has been in business for over 40 years, servicing Florida with amazing Internet, TV, and Phone products. We have invested millions of dollars building fiber in the communities we serve to deliver an innovative array of products and services, including fiber-to-the-home infrastructure, symmetrical internet speeds, whole-home managed Wi-Fi, and TiVo Android Set-Top boxes with Google Assistant, among other industry-leading technology. As our company grows throughout the state, our support staff needs to grow and evolve, and that is exactly why we need you. At Blue Stream Fiber we take a customized approach to ensure our customers are at the center of every decision we make, all the while developing each of our team member’s strengths and experiences.
We take our role as trusted industry experts very seriously. We provide communities and our neighbors with reliable fiber infrastructure to offer world-class internet, TV and phone products and services that enrich lives, while providing a personalized customer experience from a local team that cares. We are a united team that operates following a clear set of core values that guide us in our everyday actions:
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, bend at the knees and waist, and walk
- Required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- Required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- Required to use close vision and focus
Senior Network Engineer is responsible for performing technical work analyzing, recommending, designing, installing, configuring, operating, maintaining, testing, and repairing network infrastructure, including WANs, LANs, VoIP, Video, Wired and Wireless networks. Contributes to and completes projects as part of the Network Engineering team.
- High School degree required. Bachelor’s or technical degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related field from an accredited four-year college required.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language. Bilingual is a plus
- Telephone VoIP, PBX, multi-platform-based servers, networking, and Ethernet copper and fiber-optic wiring experience preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectivelyProficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Power Point
Desired certifications: JuniperCisco Profssional JNCIP-SP, CCNP, CompTIA Security+
Accountable – Take ownership and commit to get it right, the first time.
Inclusive – Able to work in a collaborative style that highlights strengths, pushes you to reach your highest potential, and ensures an enjoyable and rewarding experience for all.
Innovative – Be resourceful, creative, hungry, humble, and smart to develop world class products, services, and solutions.
Respectful – Hold every assignment with regard for our customers and each other.
Integrous – Be open, honest, and transparent with yourself, coworkers, customers, and stakeholders in every action.
Diverse - Embrace unique thought processes to assist in making well-rounded decisions that ultimately benefits our team and our customers
- Leads and coordinates various engineering functions and operations including quality assurance, testing, production, and research and development of new and existing product lines.
- Facilitates communication among clients/customers and engineers, ensuring specifications, budgets, and deadlines are clearly communicated and understood.
- Serves as project manager for multiple projects, creating timelines and cost projections, organizing collaborative meetings, and ensuring projects comply with specifications, timelines, and budgets.
- Reviews work and projects for technical accuracy.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Helps prepare and executes departmental budget.
- Negotiates contracts with outside vendors.
- Maintains knowledge of new trends, developments, technologies, materials, and best practices; applies this knowledge to continually improve product lines and production efficiency.
- Designs, updates, and monitors data networking systems and equipment.
- Reviews network traffic, usage, and capacity to assess future network requirements.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding new system technologies and upgrades.
- Maintains current industry knowledge of network design and engineering industry standards.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
- In-depth understanding of network engineering principles and practices.
- In-depth understanding of LAN/WAN/SD-WAN technology, administration, management, software, and hardware.
- In-depth understanding of security-related hardware and software, intrusion detection, firewall implementation, and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, DNS, VoIP, SMS, and digital switching technology.
- In-depth understanding of how to install, configure and support CiscoJuniper networking electronics including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Able to read and interpret technical documents and information, such as operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Able to evaluate, test, and repair sophisticated equipment.
- Design and implementation of internet peering and network caching solutions
- Plan for new initiatives and expand the existing network infrastructure
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
- Focus in one or more areas of network engineering; IP Engineer, Firewall Engineer, andor DOCSIS (HFC) Engineer
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with various head end testing equipment including fiber optic, MPEG, AC-3 and Multicast Video test equipment
- Knowledge of routing protocols (For example BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, GLBP, VRF), traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN, multicast & class of service
- Knowledge of MPLS and SD-WAN network architecture
- Assist with installing network equipment and software components related to the operations Blue
- Stream's video network, including monitoring and system performance tools
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication
- Ability to learn new technologies as needed for futures systems
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends, and holidays. Ability to work 24 hour standby rotational shifts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
- Ability to handle confidential material and information; individual must be organized, able to multi-task under pressure.