About the Company:
AmePower | Solutions in Power Electronics
DBE, MBE, SBE AND ISO9001 CERTIFIED
STUDENTS - Do you want to be part of a GROWING, DYNAMIC & LOCAL Manufacturing Organization? Your Future Starts Here!
We are a certified engineering company specialized on delivering customized solutions to improve the efficiency and reliability of High Power Electronics systems. With over 20 years of combined experience, AmePower has evolved from being leaders suppliers of Power electronics components in the South East, to a Power Electronics solutions provider. Our area of expertise includes GTO to IGBT Technology conversion, IGBT system upgrades and Form/Fit/Function custom converters for LRVs, HRVs, Locomotives, Wind Turbines, Mining Trucks, Cranes etc.
AmePower CO-OP program cultivates technical problem-solving skills by developing different engineering projects driven by real AmePower business priorities. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from assignment managers, prepare members with the technical skills and values needed to achieve a successful entry-level engineering career. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with different departments to learn towards engineering and other real-world closely related roles such as; Design, Quality, Production, Reliability, Customer Support, among other areas.
- AmePower is a rapidly expanding company where you will have the opportunity to explore, learn, implement & add value in different areas inside the organization
- AmePower offers an excellent opportunity to start building a strong and relevant professional career
- Very convenient location for FIU Engineering Students (Around 7 minutes Driving)
- Great corporate and Friendly Work Environment
- Flexible work Schedule
- Competitive Pay rate
- About the Program
Key areas of responsibilities encountered in this role may include any or all the following:
Participate in new product development, assist mechanical or electrical engineers and technicians in general tasks such as; testing, assembly, inventory, documentation generation as part of the fundamentals to develop APPs for Internal or Commercial purposes. Perform project presentations to upper management, conduct feasibility studies on new technology deployment, communicate results internally or to customers, assist with general administrative tasks, interact with suppliers, team members among others duties.
App design IOS, Android
Native app writing ability
Knowledge of UX and UI
Unit tests, automation, and code reviews
Creativity and brainstorming
Organization and ability to multi-task
Willingness to learn new technology
Complex problem solving
Mobile Developer Suggested Software Proficiency
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in the majors stated above, preferably but not necessary during senior year.
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 overall
- Demonstrated an analytic approach to problem-solving
- Highly – motivated, energetic, confident, flexible in changing environments
- Strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms
- Strong team skills with demonstrated leadership skills.
- At least 4 days a week on-site
- Fluent English & Spanish is a plus