About the Company:
AIRLAB is an engagement platform where airlines, industry experts and students can discuss and share data science-related knowledge. The site is the by-product of the Farelogix and Florida International University Airline’s Data Analytics Program which is dedicated to the study and implementation of advanced predictive analytics for the airline industry, using machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI). We are developing world-class research, curating best practices and standards, and preparing data science graduates for work in the airline industry. Our students utilize public data sets to develop novel data models for optimizing airline revenue management challenges.
The Data Science Lab for the Airlines Industry (airlab.fiu.edu) at FIU’s School of Computing and Information Science is currently seeking for an undergraduate student to utilize in-house developed data analysis tools to produce branded data products. The Jr. Data Analyst will use our data analysis workflow to clean data sets, use machine learning programs to develop data insights, and produce visualizations to be used in the airline industry. The ideal candidate for this position will over time develop improvements to our toolset in areas such as data validation and visualizations.
- Gathering data from various sources
- Use a suite of data analytics tool to generate FIU owned data products
- Develop a validation module for the data analytics workflow beyond the current configuration
- Improve the format and style of the existing data visualizations.
- Responsible to produce data products on a quarterly basis.
- Work with lab graduate students to outline the specific data products needs for potential data analysis projects
- Undergraduate student in computer science major with 1+ years before graduation
- Hands on experience with Python. Experience with data manipulation and visualization libraries/tools such as Pandas, Matplotlib and Tableau is a plus
- Experience with digital media tools such as Photoshop is a plus
- Enjoys creative work, organizing presentation information.
- Self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Capable of delivering on the final product under tight time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills